New Savannah Edge

gradywhite

Hello all, I have just purchased a 2008 Edge. I want to thank this forum for helping me with my decision. There is a lot of great info here. I have had a Jeep Grand Cherokee for 15 years (153K miles), so I was due for a new car. I still needed the "U" of a xUV, but wanted something less like a truck. The Edge was perfect. My wife loved it, especially compared to the street rod I almost bought on ebay (1948 Suburban put on a 2000 Silverado chassis).

I went with an SE since the luxury options are wasted on me. I still got SYNC, SIRIUS, Convenience, and Roof Rails. The color is Vapor Silver with Stone cloth. I wanted the Cargo Mgmt and Trailer Hitch, but I am not paying the Ford Aftermarket price for those options. I plan to create my own Cargo Mgmt and will provide pics when I figure it out. Tomorrow I will have fun using the SYNC with my ZEN MP3 and my ATT Tilt phone. Before taxes and after rebates I got my 2008 for $23,060. I think I did pretty well. I loved it when I pulled up to the Lexus CUV knowing that they paid more than double my price.

Attached is the only photo I have taken so far. We live in an 1873 row house in the Historic District in Savannah. My wife wonders why I keep standing at the second floor window. This is my view right now.

post-4471-1218943854_thumb.jpg