lightning4eva

PTU 2011 SEL 160k

So, I have no excuse on why I never did a PTU fluid change. First one I “tried” to do at 159k. Used the auto hobby shop on base, had my siphon and got maybe an ounce out. Put in 2-3 oz, drove it for week or so. At ~159,250, did another drain and fill and this time got out 3-4 oz. Just did my 3rd at about 160k, while we had a 60-70 degree day in MA and got out a significant amount and then was able to put in 2/3 to 3/4ths of a quart. 

Feeling better about it but still regret waiting so long. I’ll do one more in the next few months to see if I can get any more out. 

Pic  shows how much of a brand new bottle I was able to get in the PTU, the second and third time.

Never had an issue with the PTU but after reading how semi-easy it is to change (and some scary YT videos) why not. 

I’ll be doing it on my 2015 Sport either tonight or very soon.

Thanks for looking.

B54BACB9-7A8D-40D9-A939-5D2053D1B3A4.jpeg

Edited by lightning4eva

Totally forgot to mention the drain plug. Forgot to take a picture when I first got it out. The smell was pretty intense. I took this pic after taking a huge amount off. Maybe 1/4”. Both of the other drain and fills had minimal. 

3 hours ago, Mastertvtech said:

Why not add a drain plug?

Valid point, never done it before. Watched a few videos of guys doing it. If I was planning on keeping it forever I will probably do it.