Hello all- New to the Forum - time for some work!

EricC

Hello all. I just bought a 2013 Edge SEL for my daughter. I've already changed the oil, gave it a detail cleaning, AT pan drain/refill, replaced the front "Ford" Badge emblem(Can't believe Ford doesn't provide replacements free of charge) and troubleshot and fixed the rear back-up sensors(wire separated in the bumper cover.)

Now on to the last 2 projects that I am aware of where I need to do something. I bought this vehicle from someone who knew nothing about cars. No maintenance records. 

1. Clunking sound when turning the steering wheel at low speeds. I believe its the front left strut mount. Bought some Monroe quick struts to replace both LH/RH front stuts. Never done this job but will start next weekend as i have the right tools. Will do the stabilizer bars at the same time since they need to be disconnected and are cheap enough(bought the same ones FordMACT recommends).  Does anyone have any experience they can share when doing this? I'm considering to go through the hassle of removing the cowl to get better access to the top 4 strut mount bolts but was wondering if this is truly necessary.

2. 2nd project is I have no idea if the person before me changed the water pump or not. The car has 118,000 miles on it. Engine oil looks a little strange but not bad. For now I will monitor the coolant in the overflow bottle to see if coolant is disappearing or not. If necessary I may send the oil in for analysis to see if coolant is mixing in or not. Anyone that has pictures of the 'milkshake' oil consistency I would appreciate a post.

thanks and wish me luck!