End of Lease & COVID-19

oskar27

The lease on my 2016 Edge Titanium expires in April-17-2020 (my intentions are to either buy back the lease or extend for another year). My dealer, like most in my area, is closed due to Covid-19. Trying to call Ford credit the lines are busy for ever so I sent an email. I wonder if they don’t reply by April-27 what my options are.

I would continue to make lease payment when due and continue driving it if you want to keep it.  Buyout should be credited when things return to normal.  On April 17, send another email with pic of odometer/ document condition of car to dealership and Ford Credit.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I got to talk to someone today at Ford Credit. Bottom line is they can only extend my lease on a monthly basis (every month I have to contact them to do so) until the pandemic returns the country to normal and then my Ford dealer opens. Then I can go to my dealer to either extend the lease for a year or buy it out. The dealers are now open in Canada but only for mechanical repairs – the sales and accounting are closed.