GI Key Hole / Bumper Plugs

• 2 weeks later...
As of today, 4 weeks, these guys have not responded to my email or followed up on my PM nor sent me the product nor refunded my money nor answered the PayPal dispute.

Not a very good eBay feedback score either :(

I was really interested in these until I found this out.. have you gotten a refund yet? I would call your CC company if you happened to use one just to make sure you get your money back.

these guys are a rip off.. stole my money.. never responded to PP despite them ruling in my favor.

phone number now seems dead and website now seems dead.

started searching the web on these guys - it seems a day late and a dollar short - and it appears they are going from Auto website to auto website and leaving a wake of crud. seen the same thing now on scion, ford, tiburon, RX, Camaro, dodge, acura websites. :( people are pissed and trying, like me, to get refunds or product... bad news.. dozens and dozens of people with the same claim. this guy is a scumbag of the highest order.

I found the guy at anither site and called him out in public. the amount of lies and public promises he made was amazing. I 'promised' and 'gave his word' that he would refund me and send the product as a gesture, I only wanted my money, and he never did. He even tried to tell me he sent it.. but the more you read, you see he has an amazing number of claims where he sent it and it never arrived.

you should read this over 40 pages of rag on this jerk off.

BEWARE

Edited by Lex Talionis

• 1 year later...
I went down to my local dealer and ordered a bezel (the front of the two pieces that make up the door handle) that was made for the passenger side. I used that bezel on the driver side and, presto, no key hole and perfect OEM color match.

were you able to order the bezel in color? I bought a set of used handles on Ebay and just used one of the covers without the hole and had it painted. Very easy mod (I just hope I never loose power :eek5: )

post-7930-1259719544_thumb.jpg

decent idea.. I like a plug as you can use a key IF needed. unlikely, but it could happen. But, the idea of swapping a different handle is good. Might watch eBay for a totaled parted out White San Tri Coat.

a plug would be nice in case you had to use the key. I guess the in the worst case I would have to drill a hole in the cover. I had a 03 Explorer that I got a painted door handle from Japan without a key hole and never had a problem, I wouldn't have drilled a hole in that handle as it was very expensive. The Edge cover is very easy and inexpensive to change and cost me less than $20.00 so I wouldn’t be too upset to drill a hole in it. This is one of those mods that nobody would notice unless you told them about it, I never had any comments on the Explorer but I liked the clean look it had :) Just remember if you are having any work done on the vehicle to remind them not to disconnect the battery with the doors locked !