Need specs on a rotunda tool

billzie

First off, I don’t see a more appropriate section, mods if you think this needs moved somewhere else please do so, thanks.

im looking for someone that has or has access to the Ford Factory Rotunda Service Tools in TKIT-2006UF-FLM, this is the kit that was put out when the Edge was introduced in 2007.  I purchased a used set (meaning I have the set of 4 cases of the tools) but there were a few Individual pieces missing and I’m almost done getting them.  
However, one piece is impossible to find on its own as sellers pair it with another tool in the kit (so yes, I have been searching eBay etc and have asked sellers to measure it with no replies).  It’s is basically a piece of bar stock steel and I just need to gets its measurements so I can get something from the welding supply place that will work.  It’s part 307-584/2 and circled in blue in the two pics of the kit.

I’m also in need of part 303-1251 if “reasonably” priced Considering I got the whole set of 4 cases of this tool kit for about $500, I’m hoping to get the few remaining pieces relatively cheap if possible.  

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Bill

2A361CF2-F946-4811-9A9D-567C502798EB.jpeg

DED9D3B2-F21C-40C0-A83A-417C07FCADDB.jpeg

AC050152-B09B-4569-B480-ABFC0020197A.jpeg

1644FF67-0312-4F86-9240-AB2178F04A74.jpeg

Edited by billzie
Additional info

Thanks for your reply.

That is one of 4 boxes in the total kit, and that box does contain the individual part I’m looking for (see the blue circled tool in my pics).  I have that box as well as the others in the kit, but it was missing a few of the tools, these are the last two that I need, but that blue circled one should be easy enough to make work with a piece or two of steel bar stock but I just need to get its specs/measurements.

I thought you were looking for the 307-584 - Compressor, 2-6 Spring (which is in the kit). 

Why not try writing the seller and see if he will measure the part and send you the dimensions? (Worth a try).

You can buy a 303-1251 for $80 on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OTC-303-1251-Ford-Rotunda-Front-Seal-Installer-and-Guide/274423189259?epid=1126233196&hash=item3fe4e58f0b:g:EfoAAOSw1tVfB4V6

Edited by enigma-2

Thanks for your reply Enigma2.

Maybe my original post wasn’t clear enough.

i own the kit that consists of 4 cases of these tools, I got it for about $500 but it was missing several pieces.  I searched for several months and found most of the pieces I needed at reasonable prices.  The 2 specific items I’m looking for have been hard to find or overpriced.  
I edited my post hoping to clarify.

I've been around auto forums for almost 25 years and I’m no spring chicken, old school, so I tend to respect how forums are supposed to be.  I typically try to search/lurk at length so as not to ask newbie type questions that have been asked a 100 times and I actually have the patience to do so lol.

Thanks everyone, I hope to find more options.

Anyone here work at a Ford dealer shop?  Maybe peak inside and measure that bar stock for me?

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help.

This is what I ended up doing:

I couldn’t find just that bar stock tool for sale separately, and the only eBay seller who replied to my inquiries for getting the measurements was also selling the other seal tool I was looking for.  So, I agreed to pay his BIN price $79.99 free shipping and he measured and made a good quality tracing of the bar stock tool.  It is 1/2” thick, 1 1/2” wide, 10” long.  When I had the tracing in hand I went to one of the few welding supply places around me (rural Appalachia), they didn’t have 1/2” thick bar/plate in the 1 1/2” width needed, so I got 1/4” thick and they cut 2 pieces to the length I need and cost $8.  I’ll deburr the rough edges.  If I decide to weld them together I’ll chamfer the married edges to make for nice weld surface.

That’s it.

Thanks again, hope this helps someone else.  Bill

• Like 1