2015 Edge purge valve replacement $623

Lulu6881

I just took my Edge in to the dealer because the check engine light came on, they quoted $623 for a purge valve repair ($193 parts plus $387 labor plus taxes). I had it repaired, but reading about a purge valve replacement cost now is making me think I was significantly overcharged. Has anyone had this repair done? Single full time working mom with 3 kids and I’m sick to my stomach over this, especially if it should’ve been 1/4 the cost. 

1 hour ago, Lulu6881 said:

I just took my Edge in to the dealer because the check engine light came on, they quoted $623 for a purge valve repair ($193 parts plus $387 labor plus taxes). I had it repaired, but reading about a purge valve replacement cost now is making me think I was significantly overcharged. Has anyone had this repair done? Single full time working mom with 3 kids and I’m sick to my stomach over this, especially if it should’ve been 1/4 the cost. 

Yes, the mark-up on the parts and the labor is over the top for something that's a very easy DIY.

https://www.carid.com/standard/vapor-canister-purge-solenoid-mpn-cp937.html

If you'd gone to Autozone and had the error codes read, and then researched what parts are needed and how to install it.

Please consider adding your location and vehicle Model and Year to your signature - https://www.fordedgeforum.com/settings/signature/

Edited by 1004ron
  • Like 2