2011 Edge SE to SEL climate control conversion - possible?

Hey all, my first post!  Newbie here, just purchased a 2011 Ford Edge SE.  It's bone stock with no options whatsoever, which is how I want my daily driver.  I tried searching for this but I couldn't find anything. 

I'm in the middle of planning and pricing an aftermarket stereo for it.  I'm not exactly wild about the Mehta (sp?) setup and I was wondering how hard is it to convert from the standard climate control on the SE to the one from an SEL/Limited/Sport with the 8" screen?  I have Forscan and I'm not afraid to use it (did extensive stuff with my 2017 Raptor), but I'm not sure if it's just a plug-and-play thing.  I don't really care for dual climate control or the automatic climate control but if I can achieve that with minimum effort while I'm digging around in the dash that's cool.  Has anyone done it and how hard is the conversion? 

• 2 months later...

Any particular reason why there was no response?? To the OP did you find out? Im trying to figure this out as well, and in the process, can I convert to an aftermarket radio or the 2015 Fodr Edge SEL 8in screen is perhaps better than my 2013 Edge SE 4inch Screen.

What I have checked is the climate control plug/adapter seems the same on the rear of both bezels.

On 11/21/2020 at 2:46 PM, ugh_why_me said:

Hey all, my first post!  Newbie here, just purchased a 2011 Ford Edge SE.  It's bone stock with no options whatsoever, which is how I want my daily driver.  I tried searching for this but I couldn't find anything. 

I'm in the middle of planning and pricing an aftermarket stereo for it.  I'm not exactly wild about the Mehta (sp?) setup and I was wondering how hard is it to convert from the standard climate control on the SE to the one from an SEL/Limited/Sport with the 8" screen?  I have Forscan and I'm not afraid to use it (did extensive stuff with my 2017 Raptor), but I'm not sure if it's just a plug-and-play thing.  I don't really care for dual climate control or the automatic climate control but if I can achieve that with minimum effort while I'm digging around in the dash that's cool.  Has anyone done it and how hard is the conversion? 

Hey I hope this helps, but you asked the question in the wrong section.