Hood scoop?

Roadhawk

Has anyone done any kind of hood scoop/vent treatment? I guess its an old school thing but all the sporty cars had hood scoops, no matter if they were functional or not (most were not) but I think they still look cool if the proper choices are made. (For me) first of all it has to be color matched or go with the color theme of the car. It has to be sized properly and the style of hood treatment should work with the lines of the vehicle. Molding in is fine if you don't mind the cash but the bond tends to crack over time. Stick-on/bolt-on can also work if the execution is done right.

Just throwing it out there. I know a lot of folks dont like them at all unless its factory, but then I've never been a mainstream type LOL

I wouldn't put a scoop on a Edge but like they say... "to each his own". That being said, to make a nice job that'll stay nice you have to use a one-piece fiberglass hood with the scoop moulded on. It's about the only way to make sure it won't start cracking after a while.

Good luck,

Claude. ;)