want to add 8 inch screen

i have a 2019 edge with a 4 inch screen I want to add the navigation sync 3. All the aftermarket like INFOTAINMENT.com  wants like $1700 then the other one is like $2000 4dtech.com. So if i can find all that i need at a salvage yard will it just be a plug and play. i know i will need to get a updated media hub but othern then that what all do i need.

thanks 

There are TONS of threads on various Ford forums, with everything from walk-through pictures to part numbers.

Hint: The 2G Fusion forums have a lot to offer, and they're very similar to this gen Edge. Other Ford forums (like the F-150 forums) are also a great source of knowledge. Once you get the general idea, there's a couple threads around here for Edge-specific things that are needed.

Also, there's a VERY slim change that you'll find an APIM that is 100% plug-and-play. You'll have to find the exact same year, trim, and optioned Edge that already has an 8" system. You'll most likely need at least some minor tweaking of the APIM's AsBuilt data.

Edited by DaMiFo