2.0 Air Intake, Tuning etc

thecolin85

Hi all, new here. Not new to modifying and working on cars. Been doing it most of my life. One of my last cars was a Focus ST, so I'm somewhat familiar with that family of engines, same thing in my now 2019 Edge SEL (2.0 Ecoboost).

I don't want this to turn into a "whether you should or should not" or "it doesn't make any difference" regarding either a short or cold air intake (aftermarket). All I want to know is if anyone has ever found an aftermarket product solution that fits our vehicle? I seems any air intake for a Focus ST won't work, despite looking very similar in layout etc. I'm thinking MAYBE the Fusion 2.0 intake might work but doubt it? Has anyone created their own aftermarket air intake at all? Or even just put a cone filter (with heat shielding) on the stock air intake hose in place of the filter box housing? I know I did that with my Focus ST. I really enjoyed the little extra noise it made.

What about tuning options? I know bang for the buck. just a Stage 0/1 tune on my Focus ST with a Cobb AP woke that little 2.0 up! Looks like HPTuners is an option for our Edges... I guess I'd just go to a local tuner, but I was hoping maybe for some OTS canned handheld tuner options.

Thoughts? Any other worthwhile "bang for your buck" upgrades available? Downpipe, exhaust, intercooler? Those were good choices for the 2.0 Focus ST stuff....

download.jpg