Sync 3.4 mixed mode audio preset question between Ford Models

DGW

I have a 2019 Ford Edge and a 2020 Ford Escape.  Both have the exact same Sync 3.4 build (version 3.4, build 21194) but the way the radio station presets work is different.  On the Escape I have multiple radio sources ( AM, FM, satellite radio) on the same line of presets.  It does not change regardless of the source selected.  On the Edge I cannot get the presets fro the various sources to show up on the same row of presets.  Pushing the source button changes the presets and they only show presets for that source.  Even though the Sync builds are exactly the same does the specific ford model change the way Sync works or am I missing something in the way I am setting up the presets on the Edge?  I tried following a Ford video showing how to set up the presets for mixed-mode audio presets but cannot get it to work.  Here is a link to the Ford video:   https://youtu.be/J6-VBjdbKh0

May not be an answer, but I remember reading in another forum where a related problem was traced to "profiles". 

He found if he deleted his profile, then made his setting selections as a guest, then reset his profile, they stuck.

Seems that whatever you have once you create a profile, gets "stuck" into memory. 

Edited by enigma-2

Follow up to my initial question regarding mixed mode audio presets.  I tried doing a master reset.  That did nothing regarding how the radio operated and surprisingly still allowed me to receive SiriusXM without refreshing the signal.  I finally called Ford Company and was ultimately told that there was a couple of different displays for sync 3.4 depending on the radio but ultimately was told to have the dealer check out the issue because the software and hardware seemed to be identical on my two vehicles.  The Ford Representative said I should also call SiriusXM to verify that I am properly activated.  I called SiriusXM and was transferred to Technical support and this is where I found out the radios on the 20 Escape and 19 Edge are actually different and will not operate exactly the same. The 20 Escape has a newer SiriusXM platform X65 which allows for the mixed mode audio presets.  It also can receive additional channels that the Edge cannot. It is also why the Escape can have up to 6 preset pages while the Edge only has 3 that I cannot change or why the Edge does not show album covers while playing a song.  

I suspected that the different vehicle models had something to do with the reason why the two radios acted differently.  At least I finally got an answer that made sense and now understand that the radios are just different.

• Like 1