Unusual. No direct connection. (Except supply voltage).

What's the CCA rating on your vehicle battery? Low voltage causes all kinds of problems with modules.

(Don't trust voltage readings at rest or idle, it's the reserve capacity that's important in modern electrical systems).

Are you able to.pill codes?

Edited by enigma-2

I took my car in to have the front boots replaced by the wheel. It was recommended I replace struts even though nothing wrong with them they go out between 95,000 and 110,000 miles. I picked up my car and started driving and the radio, blue tooth and navigation was working but no sound. I called the dealer , they were closing and they asked I bring it back in the morning  took it back at 8:30am. After they evaluated it I was told it's either the front of my computer screen or the back. I told them I have to discuss with my husband.  I went to start my car and it was dead, nothing.  They pushed it to the back next day they told me it's my radio.  I have never had a problem with it.  They had to order the part.  Then I get a call it's my alarm so they said if they take it out it will start. At this point I just wanted my car.  Then a few hours later I was told The starter was spinning so I need a new starter.  Long holiday weekend now so after the holiday they again went through my car and now the final result is I need a new PCM and a radio.  I have never ever had any problems. They said it can just happen with no warnings. I just can't believe all this happened just for the boot and struts.  Now they say starter is fine, alarm is fine so they have to put it back in.   So I was curious if anyone has had this type of problem.  Thank you

Yikes! 

Struts don't go out at specific milage intervals. More of a how many potholes have you ran over? Or do you drive mostly on smooth paved roads or over rough rural roads? I've got 132k and had my oem shocks checked at last oil change (I 'want' the dealer to find bad struts before my extended warranty runs out). Still good. 

Lot of reasons a battery can go dead. If its getting weak, radio sucking juice or even leaving a door open can cause it. (When mine was getting weak, just leaving the rear hatch open was sufficient to kill it.) Have them test it by reading the CCA level of the battery (not just the voltage). The CCA stands for Cold Cranking Amps. All batteries are rated in how much current they can deliver at 0 degrees for a certain about of time. A typical amount could be 650 Amperes. If your battery has 50% or less than this, especially in warm weather, its past its prime and time to think about replacing it. 

As far as their telling you that certain parts are failing then telling you their OK, they are just making things up. A good mechanic will troubleshoot the problem methodically by tracing down the problem using the order in the service manual. Check this and if ok, then check this, etc. And when they think they have the culprit, they'll verify. Then come yo you with their findings. 

And, and I hate to say this, your a woman. Some shops see you as naive and they can push extra work on you. Best to walk right up to the service salesman, get close, and think to yourself, "if your lying to me, I'm gonna castrate you". Then ask him to verify his findings. Then smile. Not friendly like, just as a warning he better not be trying to push you over. Taught my wife to do this and one guy actually admitted she "really" didn't need the service. (Evil grin).

As for me, on big ticket items, ask for their findings in writing and (or write it down right in front of him, repeating every word) and then get a second opinion at a different dealer. Amazing how expensive repairs can fix themselves just by driving to another dealer.