2019 Ford Edge 2.0l Ecoboost Purge Valve Replacement - GUIDE

eric1

FYI, I'm a noob and all I know is that this works specifically for the 2019 Ford Edge 2.0l Ecoboost. It could work for newer models too for all I know, but like I said, I'm a noob and all I know is that this is what works for the 2019 Ford Edge 2.0l Ecoboost.

Long story short: In order to get an OEM purge valve you need to buy a whole fuel tube assembly called 'Fuel Vapour Separator Tube - 2.0l" (part number: K2GZ9D289A - link HERE) for a whopping MSRP $243.33... Read below to understand why.

So, every autoparts store and wesbite tells you that you need to buy this $30-40 purge valve:

1668882117966-png.55774

BUT THAT IS NOT THE RIGHT PURGE VALVE. All of the websites & mechanic systems are wrong. They say that it fits your 2019 Ford Edge 2.0l Eco boost. That's NOT true! That part is nowhere to be found in your car.

The purge valve that you need for your 2019 Ford Edge 2.0l Ecoboost looks like this:

1668882361281-png.55775

However, it appears that Ford does not sell this purge valve individually. You cannot buy an OEM version of this purge valve online. You can buy cheap Chinese versions online, but I guarantee you that they will last no more than 3 months at best. I'd highly advise staying away from that junk.

The only way to get an OEM purge valve for your 2019 Ford Edge 2.0l Ecoboost is to buy a 'Fuel Vapour Separator Tube - 2.0l" (part number: K2GZ9D289A - link HERE).. This is what that looks like:

purge-valve-png.55777

Unfortunately, this whole assembly costs MSRP: $243.33. On the website if you change the dealer you're purchasing from you can maybe find it for a lower price. I selected a dozen different dealers & I was fortunate enough to find a dealer selling it for $175.20. Once you purchase that and receive it, just replace the whole Fuel Vapour Separator Tube and you'll be good. It's super easy to replace. If you need a guide on how to replace it, use this link

Now, if you're okay with all of that, then you should be good to go.  You're done and that's all you need to do. Hope this helps.

However, if you want to save like $50+, then I have another solution that might work. I'm a car noob, so I don't know if it'll work. I did not do this nor attempt it. It's just a thought. Please do not take this as advice. It's just a thought:

You could buy the Fuel Vapour Separator Tube that fits 2015-2018 Ford Edge models and then cut out the purge valve from the tube and throw the tube away. That part number is F2GZ9D289A (MSRP: $176.67)

You'll then have to take your Fuel Vapour Separator Tube out of your 2019 Ford Edge 2.0l ecoboost and cut your purge valve out, then replace it with the purge valve you just got from the 2015-2018 Fuel Vapour Separator Tube. Once you put the new purge valve in your original Fuel Vapour Separator Tube just reinstall it back in and you'd be good.

Again, I have not done this. I'm a car noob and know nothing about cars. I just thought this could maybe work. Only attempt this if you know what you're doing.

NOTE: The 2015-2018 Fuel Vapour Separator Tube looks very similar to the 2019 Fuel Vapour Separator Tube, but they are NOT the same. Do not try to use the tubes from the 2015-2018 Fuel Vapour Separator Tube, only try and use the purge valve from it.

Edited by eric1