Remote start FOB programming

Jase1

I installed the long range Bi-directional bt4Z-19G364-A kit on my 2013 Ford Edge a few years ago and it has been working great until recently when my FOB died.  I ordered a new FOB DL3Z-15K601-A to replace my original FOB 9G1J-15K601-AA that does not appear to be manufactured any longer.  I am having issues getting this programmed. 

I currently have 2 admin keys programmed, I tried putting in one key, turning it on and waiting 4 seconds, then putting in the 2nd key, turning it on and waiting 4 seconds and then take it out and push the remote start button and that does nothing.  I have tried cycling the key off/on 8 times and it enters programming mode and then I hit a button on the remote start FOB and that also does nothing.  I originally had 4 admin keys linked to the system so with Forscan, I went into PATS and cleared all the keys and set it back up with just 2 keys in case the limit of 4 was causing issues but that did not help. 

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?  Levitown confirmed this FOB is the correct replacement for the original remote start FOB that I had.

I was finally able to get this working.  I spent hours on this and finally found a procedure on the F150 forum that worked.  Below is a copy/paste from that post.

The trick to programing the new FOB is, after the 6 on-off-on clicks, during the 3 horn-honks, you have to quickly take your foot off the brake and immediately press the "arrow" button. This has to be done during the 3 honks. If done correctly, you will actually hear the horn honk 4 times in a row--the 4th time is confirmation that the FOB has been programed.

• Like 2