2017 Ford Edge Sport - 2.7L Eco - Gas Mileage Discussion

Tmaf901

Hello,

I drive mostly in the city, but occasionally outside of the city and my average full tank “miles until E” reading fluctuates very much depending on the week. Granted I know these readings can be pretty inaccurate from time to time, it fluctuates between 290 and 410 miles until E at a full tank. Im curious if other people have this similar problem or if maybe I have something else going on.

I have not done my own calculations yet to determine realistic numbers, but I decided to make a post to see if other people have this same issue.

My average MPG according to the car is 19 and if you calculate off that, it should have 300 miles until E.

What is everybody else's numbers and driving habits?

I find the computer MPG and total miles remaining on the tank isn't very accurate.

My daily commute is about 60% interstate at 75 mph and 40% secondary roads at 60 mph and the computer indicates 21 MPG, and way back when I manually calculated it was actually around 20 MPG.

A little spell of spirited driving will drop it down to 16 MPG and if I slow down and do 70 mph on the interstate I can get around 23 MPG.

I've got 92K miles on  the clock and the fuel consumption is unchanged from when it was new.