Bumper Mounting 2006-2010: Edge-Bumper Mounting Kit-Support Plate

EDST777

Hello, does anyone have experience or knowledge or an answer to the question: is it possible to install a side bumper support with three teeth, latches (bracket left and right) from 1.5 generation to 1.0 generation?

Edited by EDST777
Use standard font and text size

• 1004ron changed the title to Bumper Mounting : Edge-Bumper Mounting Kit-Support Plate

p.s. these two latches on the sides of the bumper on the left and right on 1.0 generation are very weak and the teeth on them break quickly; on 1.5 generation, the latches look more reliable, besides, they are more accessible to me through aliexpress and much more pleasant in price and delivery time. Any thoughts.

Perhaps someone has experience attaching a bumper to tape or self-cutting or something similar to hold the edges of the bumper? From time to time, part of the bumper clicks a little and sticks out, this is not critical, but I would like to eliminate such a problem. In these latches, one to two teeth break, they are very flimsy. The price of two latches for me is $100. They are damaged very quickly, the reason is the design. The antennae-teeth are very thin and break. Now I have an idea to glue on tape or thermal glue, which will be insignificant, but it is enough to fix the bumper, if necessary, remove the bumper, with an effort, the bumper will unfasten. Any thoughts and experience you have on this issue.

Edited by EDST777