Remote start options for 2018

Actually a lot to unpack in that one small post.

It is possible to add the OEM remote start to your vehicle. It is documented here: 

It is a little more complex (well, expensive) for you with only one fob. I don't know the best way to proceed since you need 2 new fobs (with the remote start button and the different frequency) but you can't program them yourself since it requires 2 existing ones. Having 2 fobs makes getting the securcode keypad code easy.

• Like 2

Hopefully it is programmed as a new fob and not a clone, but you can now follow the process to get the securecode door keypad code hopefully (the process is on pages 64/65 in your manual), basically you put the key in the emergency slot in the center console and while not pressing the brake press the start button, a few second later press it again and swap to the second key and press start again, and it will show in the cluster. Any errors like a door open may make it not show (so make sure all the doors are closed).

• Like 1

Or it was lost or (not saying this is your situation) some buy here, pay here high interest rate sketchy dealers will hold on to one (and also possibly add a GPS tracker).

My 2019 had one key when I looked at it on the lot (a Ford dealership in a small town 50 miles from major population centers, with the "no city sales tax" perk that is only 1%...). The sale was contingent on the vehicle coming with 2 fobs, and 2 cut emergency keys in the fobs. I also requested that they reset it to only have the 2 that it came with, but they didn't do that, so it has 4 admin keys, which is the max, and there is no DIY way to remove any. If (and I do) want to add a third one (start out with MyKey for my new driver) The dealer charges at least 2 hours labor, so almost $300 to get all keys removed, and the 2 I have added back. I wish I would have paid better attention!

I think mine has a GPS tracker connected to the OBD but I dont know how to activate it. I wrote to Ikon technologies and they have not responded. About the factory code, I did it yesterday and it worked. I did it quicker and with the doors closed. Thanks for the tip.