Roof Leak Trim Removal

My wife has a 2018 Edge Titanium with the vista sunroof.  During heavy rain events it has a leak that forms a puddle in the right rear passenger area by where the floor mat is.  I've opened up the interior and found that this was running down the side via the wire housing and up the C pillar to somewhere in the roof by the edge of the headliner.   This is coming from the back of the roof on the right side somewhere.  I did notice some debris in the drainage channels up there but clearing this didn't help.   At this point I believe I need to remove the right rear roof trim as the source of the leak is very likely in this area.   After reading these forums I purchased the retaining clips that are mentioned in this post. https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/29887-removing-side-roof-panels/  However, this thread does imply that they started using urethane during the manufacturing process in 2017.   I'm hoping to remove the trim, resolve whatever the leak is, and reuse the trim using the procedure here with new retaining clips and urethane.   Has anyone done this on a 2018?  Will I end up needing to purchase a new trim piece due to the manufacturing change?

• 1 month later...

I also have a serious water leak in my wife's 2015 SEL also with the vista sunroof right now it does appear to be somewhere in the A pillar the entire front passenger floorboard fills up with water after a rain. Unfortunately, this link has been removed although if you have encountered this same issue, I surely open to any tips you can provide.