Replacement carpet

Has anybody replaced the factory carpet with house carpet. I have kids and it seems alot easier to clean the house carpet. What started this is a red slushy on my light tan carpet trust me ive tried everything to get it out. Even had a local priest throw holy water on it.

Hi FORDEDGE. :D Well, this is one of those "Anything is possible, but not very easily" sort of answers.

Carpeting for autos is a different type of construction than automotive carpeting. It is a molded (or moulded) carpet, since it needs to flow around lumps and bumps and fit into complex corners.

Home/household carpeting is generally meant/manufactured to lay flat. Yes, it can be formed around the lips of stairs, but it needs to be "kicked in" and stapled to stay put. And you can't staple carpeting into place in a car without damaging something. If you have ever seen a household carpet installed on stairs, you will know exactly what I am describing. Also, it is generally not moldable, and definitely will not come in the pre-molded shape needed for your Edge.

If you are set on replacing your carpet, my recommendation would be to replace your "camel" or "light tan" carpet with the factory black carpeting. In this way your carpet will fit correctly and be less prone to show stains.

Also, have you tried renting a Steam Cleaner to remove the stain? Or asking a Professional Detailer if they can get the stain out? Either of those choices would be less expensive and easier than the replacing the carpet, either with factory or household carpeting.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi FORDEDGE. :D Well, this is one of those "Anything is possible, but not very easily" sort of answers.

Carpeting for autos is a different type of construction than automotive carpeting. It is a molded (or moulded) carpet, since it needs to flow around lumps and bumps and fit into complex corners.

Home/household carpeting is generally meant/manufactured to lay flat. Yes, it can be formed around the lips of stairs, but it needs to be "kicked in" and stapled to stay put. And you can't staple carpeting into place in a car without damaging something. If you have ever seen a household carpet installed on stairs, you will know exactly what I am describing. Also, it is generally not moldable, and definitely will not come in the pre-molded shape needed for your Edge.

If you are set on replacing your carpet, my recommendation would be to replace your "camel" or "light tan" carpet with the factory black carpeting. In this way your carpet will fit correctly and be less prone to show stains.

Also, have you tried renting a Steam Cleaner to remove the stain? Or asking a Professional Detailer if they can get the stain out? Either of those choices would be less expensive and easier than the replacing the carpet, either with factory or household carpeting.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Thanks for replying yes ive tried everything oxyclean steam clean rug doctor took it to professional cleaner he said its ruined. I see where your coming from but if you look theres really no extreme curves or bumbs in the edge floor. And i dont know about you but damm have you priced ford factory carpet. Ford interior pieces are crazy high. Im gonna give it a try if it turns out ok ill post some pics if not ill bite the bullet and get factory replacement. :hyper:

Thanks for replying yes ive tried everything oxyclean steam clean rug doctor took it to professional cleaner he said its ruined. I see where your coming from but if you look theres really no extreme curves or bumbs in the edge floor. And i dont know about you but damm have you priced ford factory carpet. Ford interior pieces are crazy high. Im gonna give it a try if it turns out ok ill post some pics if not ill bite the bullet and get factory replacement. :hyper:

Hi FORDEDGE. :D I feel your pain.

Let us know how it works out, and good luck. :beerchug: