Good day Guys.

Ford Edge 2011 SEL

I had a problem I just solved, was a sound like a timing chain guides worn out, at the end it was the alternator, alternator bearing, first begining like a squealing sound, after a week+, a rattling sound. Alternator was fine only the bearing was changed.... oh and the serpentine belt tensioner, this one was stuck creating too much pressure on the band, thats why the bearing was worn. New serpentine belt of course.

Now the engine sounds and feels much smoother, quieter and is giving me a little more MPG.

Due to the design and configuration of the protection or cover of the timing chain, any sound will be amplified in that place, making us think that it is the timing chain. If you dont have a stethoscope to locate the sound, you can use a wood broomstick, the drier and older the better, try different tip shapes until you have a better sound, just stick your ear to the woodstick. 

Hope this help somebody.

Have a nice day guys.

------------------

Ford Edge 2011 SEL

Tuve un problema que acabo de resolver, fue un sonido como las guías de una cadena de distribución desgastadas, al final era el alternador, el rodamiento, balero del alternador, primero comenzó como un chirrido, después de una semana+ un sonido de traqueteo. El alternador estaba bien solo se cambió el rodamiento... ah y el tensor de la correa serpentina, este se atascó creando demasiada presión en la banda, por eso el rodamiento estaba desgastado. Correa serpentina nueva, por supuesto.

Ahora el motor suena y se siente mucho más suave, más silencioso y me está dando un poco más de MPG.

Debido al diseño y configuración de la protección o cubierta de la cadena de distribución, cualquier sonido se amplificará en ese lugar, haciéndonos pensar que es la cadena de distribución. Si no tienes un estetoscopio para localizar el sonido, puedes usar un palo de escoba de madera, cuanto más seco y viejo mejor, prueba diferentes formas de punta hasta que tengas un mejor sonido.

Espero que esto ayude a alguien.

---------------------------

• Like 1