Hello all!

pcohenchicago

Proud new MKX owner. Love-ing-it. I was tossed between the Edge and MKX. Decided I wanted the luxury "stuff" and got the MKX fully loaded. Ordering up some all weather mats and cargo area tray to keep the camel colored carpet protected :) I love the feel of this vehicle. For the past year I have been a two-car person. Had a Ford Explorer Limited (2005) and Toyota Avalon (2007) up until I blended the two into the MKX. I made a good decision.

Proud new MKX owner. Love-ing-it. I was tossed between the Edge and MKX. Decided I wanted the luxury "stuff" and got the MKX fully loaded. Ordering up some all weather mats and cargo area tray to keep the camel colored carpet protected :) I love the feel of this vehicle. For the past year I have been a two-car person. Had a Ford Explorer Limited (2005) and Toyota Avalon (2007) up until I blended the two into the MKX. I made a good decision.

Just curious as to why you choose to purchase either an Edge or an MKX and what other models did you consider? Did anything from Toyota spark your interest?

Congrats on the MKX :woot:

I looked at the Acura RDX and MDX, GMC Acadia (VERY close 2nd place), Mazda CX-7, Edge. Nothing from Toyota really sparked interest. I looked at the Rav4, Highlander, and Four Runner. None of them come close to the MKX. I wanted that blend of luxury and utility. The Acadia is a nice vehicle fully loaded for the same money as teh MKX. The Acadia has a lot more "stuff" in it like the heads up display, 2nd row bucket seats, "slap stick" shifting.. But, in the end, I wanted a more simple approach and more "luxury-like" feel. Hence, the MKX. I was a bit nervous about quality issues long-term, but I keep my vehicles all of about 3-4 yours MAX and, lately, it's been far less than that. The 4 year bumper-to-bumper warranty tipped the balance for me.