More Questions

csmith9208

I have narrowed my colors down to the tri-coat white or the red. I still haven't decided on interior color, black, or stone. Camel is out for me.

What is the big difference between the SEL and Limited? The dealer said the Limited would get more in trade down the road.

The only limited's within 200 miles with my original color choices all have the 20" wheels. Not sure I want those. I don't think for where and how I would be driving the vehicle that I would be able to tell the difference with those and the sport suspension over the regular. Any thoughts?

I have heard that you will get a lower trade amount for red vehicle's, is this true?

Thanks in Advance!

The Ford web site ford.com will show the differences between the SEL and Limited.

Have you considered White Suede as a option for your color? I got one with a black leather interior.

I doubt that the dealer will downsize the wheels for you from 20" to 18", but mine came with 18" chrome wheels that I did not like.

I wanted the 18" painted wheels the were available on the SEL but not Limited. Since the chrome wheels added 830.00 to the price, my dealer agreed to swap my chrome wheels for the SEL's painted and gave me $500 difference.

I have narrowed my colors down to the tri-coat white or the red. I still haven't decided on interior color, black, or stone. Camel is out for me.

What is the big difference between the SEL and Limited? The dealer said the Limited would get more in trade down the road.

The only limited's within 200 miles with my original color choices all have the 20" wheels. Not sure I want those. I don't think for where and how I would be driving the vehicle that I would be able to tell the difference with those and the sport suspension over the regular. Any thoughts?

I have heard that you will get a lower trade amount for red vehicle's, is this true?

Thanks in Advance!

Hi csmith. :D As computerguy stated, you can see the equipment packages (SE, SEL, Limited) at the Ford.com or Forddirect.com websites. Or pick up an Edge brochure and the trim levels and equipment differences are explained there also.

Concerning color: Purchase the color you like better. At most, color will affect trade/resale by $50 or so (or not at all). So get the color you like. A smart buyer does not purchase a car according to what you will get at trade/resale.

Concerning what the Dealer said. Of course the Limited will get you a little bit more at trade/resale. Because you paid a lot more when you purchased it. You will not get back anywhere near what you paid extra, so simply buy the vehicle that has the equipment you want. Again, bottom line is you do not purchase a car according to what you will get at trade/resale. You have to drive around in it for 2-3-4-5 or however many years you will own it. Buy what makes you happy.

Concerning the 20" wheels: If you do not like them, do not get them. They are heavier than the smaller stock wheels and will detrimentally affect ride, performance and MPG's (due to added weight and the lower profile tire). In addition, when it is time to replace the tires, 20" tires cost more than the stock size tires. The only advantage 20" wheels have is if you like the look or style of the larger wheels. And since you do not care for the way they look, there is no sense in getting them. And the sport suspension will ride firmer than the stock suspension, so if you like a more comfortable ride and do not want a firmer ride, do not get it.

I am not telling you not to get them if you like them. But you say you are not sure. Only you can decide what you like or do not like.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

I have owned two Edges: One was an 07 SEL(Alloy) and our current ride is an 08 EDGE Limited(White Tri-Coat). The 07 had the 17 inch stock wheels and our 08 has the 20s. I honestly feel that the 08 with the 20s has a far superior ride to it and it is alot quieter driving down the road than the 07. I know that most people feel the 20s should have a worse ride than the 17s or 18s but i will have to disagree on the basis of having owned both! I purchased the Limited over another 08 SEL due to the fact that i was given a great deal that i couldnt pass up on. I was able to walk out the door for the same price as a less option SEL and that was the main deciding factor, and my wife loved the Limited. I am very, very pleased with my decision. The White Tri Coat is awesome regarding dirt and in my opinion looks incredibly sharp, even when dirty!! Regarding the price difference between 20 inch tires and 17s or 18s, i shopped those prices before i purchased our 08 and the dealer i get tires from could get me 20s for the same price or even cheaper than the stock 17 or 18s. This may not be true for others in the u.s. or even canada, but i wouldnt let price alone determine what you like. The bottom line is to GET WHAT YOU WANT!!! You will be the one driving it for the next several years and you have to be happy with what you get!! No matter if you go for the SEL or the Limited, you will be getting one of the best crossovers on the road today. Neither one will dissapoint you!!! :happy feet:

Hi csmith. :D As computerguy stated, you can see the equipment packages (SE, SEL, Limited) at the Ford.com or Forddirect.com websites. Or pick up an Edge brochure and the trim levels and equipment differences are explained there also.

Concerning color: Purchase the color you like better. At most, color will affect trade/resale by $50 or so (or not at all). So get the color you like. A smart buyer does not purchase a car according to what you will get at trade/resale.

Concerning what the Dealer said. Of course the Limited will get you a little bit more at trade/resale. Because you paid a lot more when you purchased it. You will not get back anywhere near what you paid extra, so simply buy the vehicle that has the equipment you want. Again, bottom line is you do not purchase a car according to what you will get at trade/resale. You have to drive around in it for 2-3-4-5 or however many years you will own it. Buy what makes you happy.

Concerning the 20" wheels: If you do not like them, do not get them. They are heavier than the smaller stock wheels and will detrimentally affect ride, performance and MPG's (due to added weight and the lower profile tire). In addition, when it is time to replace the tires, 20" tires cost more than the stock size tires. The only advantage 20" wheels have is if you like the look or style of the larger wheels. And since you do not care for the way they look, there is no sense in getting them. And the sport suspension will ride firmer than the stock suspension, so if you like a more comfortable ride and do not want a firmer ride, do not get it.

I am not telling you not to get them if you like them. But you say you are not sure. Only you can decide what you like or do not like.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. :beerchug:

I test drove an 08 Limited with 18's before I ended up buying my 09 Limited with 20's.

I thought the ride was smooth and comfortable with the 18's but after riding on the 20's it was not only smooth and comfortable, I found the steering to be way more responsive and sure. I was sold on the 20's right there!

And yes, I love the way those big wheels look. :hyper: