Hood deflector-please help

Got the Ford hood deflector. The instructions are not bad, there is a diagram showing how the edge of the hood should fit in it, etc. It is also marked for center which helps. However, we cannot get the stupid thing on. It just does not seem to fit. The outside edges really won't curve around unless I were to maybe push it too hard. Did not want to break it. And it seemed that no matter how it was placed it was not right-no room between the hood and deflector, too far out, and once it seemed right but then realized it was not centered. The other thing that when we gave up and put it away I noticed a perfect line down the center a little less that a quarter inch long, pretty deep into the deflector right in the center. We were very careful with it, do not think we did the damage.

Is it possible that this thing is defective or are they that hard to put on? I had these things on my Blazer and were always easy to install. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Got the Ford hood deflector. The instructions are not bad, there is a diagram showing how the edge of the hood should fit in it, etc. It is also marked for center which helps. However, we cannot get the stupid thing on. It just does not seem to fit. The outside edges really won't curve around unless I were to maybe push it too hard. Did not want to break it. And it seemed that no matter how it was placed it was not right-no room between the hood and deflector, too far out, and once it seemed right but then realized it was not centered. The other thing that when we gave up and put it away I noticed a perfect line down the center a little less that a quarter inch long, pretty deep into the deflector right in the center. We were very careful with it, do not think we did the damage.

Is it possible that this thing is defective or are they that hard to put on? I had these things on my Blazer and were always easy to install. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I just installed mine about an hour ago it looks great. I used the Ford Edge Deflector.

You have to push the deflector up against the lip of the hood so the deflector is about a half inch away from the hood.

If you install flush with the face of the hood it won't work.

SMOKIN EDGE

Any chance you would be willing to post a picture or two? An under the hood one would be a great help. I am nervous about drilling and getting it wrong. A visual may give me some more confidence.

Also, what did you use on the holes before installing? Primer?

Thanks.

I just installed mine about an hour ago it looks great. I used the Ford Edge Deflector.

You have to push the deflector up against the lip of the hood so the deflector is about a half inch away from the hood.

If you install flush with the face of the hood it won't work.

SMOKIN EDGE

Tried again today to get the thing on. Now I have a bunch of holes under my hood and no deflector. Got the center screws in and the deflector looked good. When we tried to do the outside brackets it would not fit. No amount of bending or persuading it would get it to even begin to look right. So it is either going back or in the trash.

I took it off, so I will have to put back on to get a pic. The outside screws/brackets is what is not working. We did the 4 in the middle and it looked good. The rubber things fit without being tight and distorting the shield, which is what happened the first time, and the creases in the hood matched up with the shield, but the outer edges would not go into place. For example in order to curve the shield around the hood and make the screw holes on the outer to go beyond the inside edge of the hood I had to force it with everything I had and that does not seem right. And the shield edges were way inside the edges of the hood, not even with it. I am disappointed that after having put three of these on my Chevy's that this thing is kicking my behind, and all I have to show for it is a hood full of holes.

If you have a picture of under the hood I would be interested to see how it is supposed to look.

I put a deflector on about a year back and I remember it being a bit of a pain. However, I don't think we can offer any help without photos of where you're getting hung up.

It is the one that Ford makes. It has the look I like, does not wrap around the sides and low profile. Some people here had posted about it so I decided it was the best choice. I am guessing they make it just hard enough that the dealer has to install it for some of us.