Towing With Edge Sport?

getting ready to order a 2010 Edge Sport but need trailer tow.

Is there an aftermarket hitch that will work with the sport setup?

I inquired with this company to get one for mine. They only have a class one, but given how low you will find the rear bumper is, I don't think you can pull much more without losing the bumper or exhaust tips!

FCP Groton LLC

50 School House Road

Old Saybrook CT 06475

Fax 860-388-9006

Outside US 860-388-9001

• 2 months later...

I have a 2009 Ford Edge Sport I wanted a 2" hitch installed on. I contacted the local dealer and they referred me to a place in town that specializes in hitches. They installed a Draw-Tite class 3 hitch on the sport. They had to use 1/2" spacers to lower the hitch because I did not want the bumper cut or modified. It looks nice but I did notice that when I drove the car it was much louder in the cabin when the car shifted. This was due to the hitch touching/rubbing on the muffler. I purchased some 5/8" hose/tubing at the local parts store and I cut a few strips lengthwise and I placed it on the rails of the hitch. I then cut 2 sections of hose and squeezed them between the areas where the muffler and hitch were touching as a buffer. This eliminated all the noise and it sounds like it did before the hitch was installed. Total price was $193 with installation.

I have a 2009 Ford Edge Sport I wanted a 2" hitch installed on. I contacted the local dealer and they referred me to a place in town that specializes in hitches. They installed a Draw-Tite class 3 hitch on the sport. They had to use 1/2" spacers to lower the hitch because I did not want the bumper cut or modified. It looks nice but I did notice that when I drove the car it was much louder in the cabin when the car shifted. This was due to the hitch touching/rubbing on the muffler. I purchased some 5/8" hose/tubing at the local parts store and I cut a few strips lengthwise and I placed it on the rails of the hitch. I then cut 2 sections of hose and squeezed them between the areas where the muffler and hitch were touching as a buffer. This eliminated all the noise and it sounds like it did before the hitch was installed. Total price was $193 with installation.

Any pics?