Rear Seat DVD questions

I just bought a 07 MKX that has factory nav and the lincoln/ford rear dvd system...guess my question is there any way to play the rear dvd thru the radio without putting it on 89.1? My navigation has a source of rear seat entertainment but nothing...the orginal dealer says u have to put it on 89.1...which i would think was correct except for that source option on the nav unit itself...

also been having a problem with the two screens not both playing at the same time...suppose to be able to put one dvd in and watch on both screens or put in a dvd in each and watch different movies...so far have not been able to watch one movie on both even when source is on "a" or "B" on both....thinking maybe a connection is loose?

Anyone have this system?

I just bought a 07 MKX that has factory nav and the lincoln/ford rear dvd system...guess my question is there any way to play the rear dvd thru the radio without putting it on 89.1? My navigation has a source of rear seat entertainment but nothing...the orginal dealer says u have to put it on 89.1...which i would think was correct except for that source option on the nav unit itself...

also been having a problem with the two screens not both playing at the same time...suppose to be able to put one dvd in and watch on both screens or put in a dvd in each and watch different movies...so far have not been able to watch one movie on both even when source is on "a" or "B" on both....thinking maybe a connection is loose?

Anyone have this system?

If you remove the back cover of your seat you will find wiring for headrest.Trace the wires there should be an audio out cable.If you find it you can connect it to your line-in plug in center console.Thats how I connected my units.As for your picture check wire in same area to make sure the are linked together with video out to in on one of them.

If you remove the back cover of your seat you will find wiring for headrest.Trace the wires there should be an audio out cable.If you find it you can connect it to your line-in plug in center console.Thats how I connected my units.As for your picture check wire in same area to make sure the are linked together with video out to in on one of them.

Thanks...good idea about the line connection!

also i think my video wire has a short or something in...on my one monitor that i have been having problems with...i found the wire under the seat and just wiggled in back and forth and the picture comes on...so some kind of connection issue there....

would be great to have the sound too