PLEASE HELP! HID QUESTION

alright first of all, im familiar with HIDs and how to hook MOST of them up. Ive had HIDs on my other two cars and my bike with no problems. but with the edge, i cant seem to get them working when i turn the headlights on, they flicker on then immediately off. do i use a relay? and if so, how do i wire it up? and also, would i encounter a similar problem with the fogs as well? I'm using GT HID kit i picked up from Chevrolet for 215 bucks... thanks in advance

alright first of all, im familiar with HIDs and how to hook MOST of them up. Ive had HIDs on my other two cars and my bike with no problems. but with the edge, i cant seem to get them working when i turn the headlights on, they flicker on then immediately off. do i use a relay? and if so, how do i wire it up? and also, would i encounter a similar problem with the fogs as well? I'm using GT HID kit i picked up from Chevrolet for 215 bucks... thanks in advance

I just installed HID 80000K on my 09 EDGE and ran into the same problem. A relay is needed because the correct ampage is not being sent to the unit. Run a power supply from your battery with a relay for each bulb and you will be fine. This is a problem that is unique to Ford. All in took me 35mins, and the result was amazing; better than I expected.

Hope this helps.

I just installed HID 80000K on my 09 EDGE and ran into the same problem. A relay is needed because the correct ampage is not being sent to the unit. Run a power supply from your battery with a relay for each bulb and you will be fine. This is a problem that is unique to Ford. All in took me 35mins, and the result was amazing; better than I expected.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the info man, i need a 4 prong relay? and what do i do with the other prongs of the relay? im sure one is + one is -, one to the switch for the lights? sorry never done this before..

Edited by deepimpact00