Factory Stereo

lawdawg867

Hello all,

I have a basic question. I removed my factory stereo and replaced it with a Kenwood Dnx5120 Nav unit. My Edge is a plain jane model, and so was the stereo. However the stereo sounds horrible, like a cheap am radio. The CD player is ok, but the factory unit was definitely better sounding.

Now when I ordered the wiring harness I ordered the non factory sub kit. I assumed the basic stereo and model did not have a sub. The kit also matched up with the Kenwood perfect (as far as I could tell).

I was wondering a couple of things:

1. how could I tell if I had a factory sub?

2. will replacement speakers solve this (infinity I hear everyone talking about)

3. has anyone experienced a cheaper sound quality from this nav unit like me?

thanks guys.

Hello all,

I have a basic question. I removed my factory stereo and replaced it with a Kenwood Dnx5120 Nav unit. My Edge is a plain jane model, and so was the stereo. However the stereo sounds horrible, like a cheap am radio. The CD player is ok, but the factory unit was definitely better sounding.

Now when I ordered the wiring harness I ordered the non factory sub kit. I assumed the basic stereo and model did not have a sub. The kit also matched up with the Kenwood perfect (as far as I could tell).

I was wondering a couple of things:

1. how could I tell if I had a factory sub?

2. will replacement speakers solve this (infinity I hear everyone talking about)

3. has anyone experienced a cheaper sound quality from this nav unit like me?

thanks guys.

As far as telling if you have a factory sub or not, just open the hatch in the back and look on the right side is there a cubby hole or a speaker grille there? My guess a hole so no you don't have a sub. The factory speakers are pretty bad, The infinity's are great but you don't even have to put that expensive in there, I put some mid priced pioneers in mine and they sound great. Far as the nav it will sound flat without a sub I added one to mine.