Left over 08 Edge price

Ok here is what she has, they had it listed as MSRP $39,230 sale price $31,988. After a couple months of back and forth emailing I got this reply from the dealership: My GM talked with the owner, and he is willing to sell the Edge to you for $28,471.00 after rebates and dealer discounts plus tax and license fees. Please give me a call to get this ready for you.

$28,471 plus we are putting down $2,000-2,500 and trading in my wifes 01 focus se (guessing $2500 trade) so our pre approved loan amount is $25,000, here is what the car has:

Light Ice Blue

Black leather

Vista Roof

Navigation

Towing package

power liftgate

20" rims

Sirius

seating flex package

WINDOW STICKER

Think it's a winner? Almost $11,000 of sticker and I know its about 2 years old but still new, only 25 miles on it.

Edited by Verhalas

Ok here is what she has, they had it listed as MSRP $39,230 sale price $31,988. After a couple months of back and forth emailing I got this reply from the dealership: My GM talked with the owner, and he is willing to sell the Edge to you for $28,471.00 after rebates and dealer discounts plus tax and license fees. Please give me a call to get this ready for you.

$28,471 plus we are putting down $2,000-2,500 and trading in my wifes 01 focus se (guessing $2500 trade) so our pre approved loan amount is $25,000, here is what the car has:

Light Ice Blue

Black leather

Vista Roof

Navigation

Towing package

power liftgate

20" rims

Sirius

seating flex package

WINDOW STICKER

Think it's a winner? Almost $11,000 of sticker and I know its about 2 years old but still new, only 25 miles on it.

Hi Verhalas. :D Yes, it is a good price. Of course, it never hurts to ask for a little more off the price.

The other than price, only two questions I would ask (of which you answered one) would be: How many miles are on it (to be sure it is not a high mileage demo vehicle), and is it in pristine/new condition.

You answered the mileage question (25) so you just need to be sure that there is nothing wrong with it, since it has been on the lot for some time.

Let us know that you decide to do.

Good luck. :beerchug:

i would say it's a good deal. (when you drive it off the lot it'll be worth maybe what you'll have in it though)

i paid 12K down on ours and currently it's worth $1k more than i owe. i Hate the loss cars take (we have an 07 SEL+ w/ 20,000 miles, and it's trade in is around 18K right now. Grrrrr. i went to trade it for a 09 Charger SRT last week, but they needed to take another $7K off their price before i woulda done it. The EDGE's interior was MUCH nicer than the SRT's. of course the Power the SRT had trumped the EDGE. STill happy with the EDGE.

Yes it only has 25 miles, they said they have had it on their lot since it came from Ford, just hasn't been a buyer for it, I assume since their web site lists it as $31,998 which is alot more than the other dealers were blowing out their remaining 08's for ($24-28k with lots of stuff I dont qualify for, military, recent college grad and they weren't fully loaded either) so I emailed them they said they would do $30,500, I said nope. Emailed them a month or so later and they went to $28,471.

The dealer even told me to come over before I make up my mind to see it and drive it to be sure we want it, probably going on Thursday, will let ya know.

So I went and test drove it, was perfect besides the fact that I missed one of the emails they sent me where they said it had 2500 miles on it, it is a dealer car (think the owners wife was driving it) so the warranty would be 3yr/38500 on it, I was so disappointed I left after they showed me the total price. After emaiing and calling dealers int he surrounding states I found only 2 matching Edges, lowest price I could get was $28,800 after my trade in ($3000) and down payment ($2500). This one came to $26,671 with everything included (tax, fees, etc.)

After a few days I emailed them and said we called around and this still seems like a better deal even with the 2500 miles on it, since they don't adversely effect the warranty coverage and offered $26,000 even out the door, well they accepted and we go pick it up on Sunday. So it was $28,471+tax/lisc (9.5% tax here darnit) trade in on 01 SE focus of $3171 and down payment of $2500. Here are some pics fromt he dealer, I like her.

03900006a.jpg

backside.jpg

backside.jpg

rightside.jpg

side.jpg