Qs: chrome trim, dash kit & roof rack

Hi everyone; pretty straight forward: I have a white sand 2008 SEL AWD - black dash, tan interior

1. I want to change the aluminum around the radio to be similar to that of the new escapes. My mom just bought a 2009 limited esscape (it's a black, glossy look around the radio/nav, and on the buttons on the door...).

I'm looking around on various websites, and ebay and see a black carbon fiber & chrome - which is best? Also, I plan to use the pieces to go around the automatic window buttons on the doors too. Do I get the moulded or the peel & stick? I am not into taking apart my car to complete this, so the best and easiest is perfect.

2. Also comparing to the 2009 limited escape, I want that same roof rack (not all black, has chrome). Is this an option when going to a ford dealership to have it installed or the black ones are only offered for the edge?

3. I bought chrome trim for the bottom "rocker panel?", and the bottom of the liftgate, however I was curious on the long term quality and look of it. I am scared to put it on at this point but anxious to add a little bit of class to my edge. Has anyone had experience with the weather elements (I'm in boston), snow, rain, salts, car washing and waxing products, any corrosion or chipping?

thanks for your help! I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff.

Edited by ebonyvb