No External Temperature Display

Just received our new SEL Edge. We ordered it with all the options my wife wanted. She does not like leather, so of course it limits what you can get. She really loves everything except... even with all the info provided in the "Info Center" there is no External Temperature Display.

She has had this for years in her Explorers either in the mirror or in the display on the dash and really, really misses it. It appears the only way it would have been available was via ordering the Electronic Climate control, which adds leather.. thus no deal.

Sooo I was thinking of adding the HomeLink/Temp/Compass mirror the Mito makes, same one available from "Ford Accessories". My concern is wondering what happens to the compass reading in the Info Center? Had anyone considered adding one of these?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Just received our new SEL Edge. We ordered it with all the options my wife wanted. She does not like leather, so of course it limits what you can get. She really loves everything except... even with all the info provided in the "Info Center" there is no External Temperature Display.

She has had this for years in her Explorers either in the mirror or in the display on the dash and really, really misses it. It appears the only way it would have been available was via ordering the Electronic Climate control, which adds leather.. thus no deal.

Sooo I was thinking of adding the HomeLink/Temp/Compass mirror the Mito makes, same one available from "Ford Accessories". My concern is wondering what happens to the compass reading in the Info Center? Had anyone considered adding one of these?

There's a Ext. button right under the temp. display.

I can totally sympathize with getting used to having the temp. right there. It's amazing how much we look at that gauge until it's not there. i totally think you should excessorize with the mirror option.

I am going to contact Mtio (they are local to me here in Indiana) and see if they have a Mirror that would have Homelink, Ext Temp, Dimming but still allow the compass to provide info to the Info Center. Of course all this will minimal wiring. Will have to run the External temp sensor to the front, but the rest of the wiring should already be going to the current mirror (or at least one would think).

• 4 months later...

Our Edge doesn't have the external temp either......I asked the dealer and they said they could change out my existing rear view mirror and put one in with the temp on there for around $350 I think they said.