Wiring an amp from stock 6cd headunit in 09 edge

I'm installing an amp to power a pair of subs from the stock 6cd head unit that's part of the audiophile package. My questions is first, does this head unit have RCA outputs? Second, will using the RCA outputs to go to the amp stop the headunit from sending a signal to the door speakers that are not currently using any sort of aftermarket amp?

I'm installing an amp to power a pair of subs from the stock 6cd head unit that's part of the audiophile package. My questions is first, does this head unit have RCA outputs? Second, will using the RCA outputs to go to the amp stop the headunit from sending a signal to the door speakers that are not currently using any sort of aftermarket amp?

Ford head units do not have RCA outputs. Crutchfield or custom stereo shops will have wiring diagrams and adapters available to do what you want.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for that. Bummer though. Everything always gets tricker and more of a pain. Maybe I should just replace the HU.

Buy keeping the head unit, you can easier control for steering controls and sirius. so that is nice. any experienced shop will be able to connect to the wiring behid the unit and connect an external amp and speaker/sub. sound quality still remains quite good..

I did my F150 (sold), and the Edge and Mustang will be done within a month..