Got my Edge today

GT475

Good evening all,

Got my Edge today.

Great car, bigger than I taught.

Side by side with our X5 the Edge looks almost as big as the X5.

Colour is great under the sun (Copper metallic)

I have one question though:

I pick the rear entertainement system with DVD (No Vista).

I can't seem to find the remote and te 2 IR earphones that the book says I should have.

Anybody have any idea where they can be found in the car?

I will give a call to the dealer ship tomorrow to see if the prep guys forgot to put them back in the car.

Thanks

Will provide better input once I have spent few days with it.

Marc G

Good evening all,

Got my Edge today.

Great car, bigger than I taught.

Side by side with our X5 the Edge looks almost as big as the X5.

Colour is great under the sun (Copper metallic)

Seeing that you have a BMW (once had an M6), why did you decide to purchase an Edge and what other vehicles did you consider?

Seeing that you have a BMW (once had an M6), why did you decide to purchase an Edge and what other vehicles did you consider?

We are kind of car crazy. With 5 cars in the driveway now, some got to go...

The BMW X5 is a 2001 3.0i 5 speed manual. It is our familly car and driven by my wife on a daily basis. Last year it became her winter drive as she got a 2000 Mustang Gt convertible for the summer.

I do have a Mustang 95GT which has been turn into a life long project... which I drive only in the summer also.

My winter drive was getting old (92 honda Accord) and I decided it would be a good timing to change it. Since I drive only few km to work, I do not mind having the family car for the winter (i.e. the CUV).

The bimmer will most likely be gone by next fall. It is still in great shape but my wife would like to have somthing a bit smaller for the city driving she does. Most likely she will get to the Mazdaspeed6 since not much is left in the AWD sporty car with manual transmission. She insists on having manual shift and the EDGE is really our first automatic transmission car.

As for the alternative to the EDGE, I looked at the Mazda CX7, the Volvo, Audi, Subaru but found they were either too expensive for my budget (need to have som $$ left for the Mustang project, right :shades:

The CX7 was really the close call but, when I look at the look, the options, the interior space, the $, etc. I found the EDGE to be more 'exotic' and different than the others...and the color. Might be funny things to base a decision on but hey! each others pick, right!

Cheers,

I seriously considered the CX-7 as well. Kinda funky on the inside and there was a noticeable lack of rear seat space for our 4 year old. I guess the final point it came down to was the fact that it requires premium fuel. It does have a very peppy engine after the initial excelleration lag off the start line but not enough to sway me.

I am pleased as punch with my Edge......it needs a lumbar support though. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
The dealer should have given you those items, in fact, the salesperson should have gone over the books, keys and did another walk-around of the vehicle. Go ask your salesperson for your headphones, you are owed them @ no cost.

-Dan

Dan,

I did and the dealer got the head sets via the parts department.

He said they were shipped seperately so they cannot be lost/stolen in transit.

I have not tried them yet as I am under with work both at home and at work.

Planning to try it this weekend (long easter week-end)

P.S. The car is great.

Marc