It's snowing

igcitng

Well, I drove my Edge for the first time since Oct 21 yesterday. Wouldn't you know it had to snow yesterday, and snow more today and it is going to snow a lot more thru tonite. Ick. Anyway, I am pretty impressed with how it drives in the snow. When I drove thru piles left behind by the plows it did not move side to side at all, stayed arrow straight and stops great on wet and slippery surfaces. Only thing I noticed was when the wheels are turned it has less traction, so I need to slow down turning on snow. My Blazer was good in the snow, but I definitely think having a lower center of gravity helps driving, and my confidence a little.

I'm guessing you live around me since you have an Illinois plate as your avatar.

I will hopefully be picking up my Edge this week and was thinking about picking up

some dedicated snow wheels/tires. I will be more comfortable driving through the snow on 18" snow tires rather than the 20" Pirelli's. Do you have the 20" or 18' wheels?

My new 2008 awd has been doing great in the snow and icy conditions. I am at 7200 ft and it has been real cold the past week with snow covered roads for much of it. My wife has been real happy with the way it drives in the snow and ice.

I have thought about getting dedicated snow tires on the stock chrome clad 20-inch wheels once the tires wear down, and then get some nice wheels for summer tires. Real snow tires do make a significant help vs std all-season tires. Use the (ugly to me) stock wheels for winter and swap out.

None. Do you mean the light flashing on and off or the feeling in the pedal?

Everything seemed normal for me.

The pedal..I lost all control of my braking ability. It took over my brake pedal and kept it down, allowing the brakes to stay locked up and me sliding beautifully into the median/oncoming traffic.