iPhone Bluetooth Audio - cuts out

There is a forum online called 'A Rubber Door' that talks about this in length. Some fixes mentioned are to turn off the wifi, the location services, etc-but then there is so much you cannot use your iPhone for like maps, without turning everything back on. The iPhone is not completely compatible with the Sync so it skips and you cannot use all of the steering wheel controls either, just volume. Life is better with the iPhone/iPod plugged into the usb. I originally used my iPhone as an iPod in the car and I started having trouble with the phone functions acting up, so I got a little Nano just for the car.

There is a forum online called 'A Rubber Door' that talks about this in length. Some fixes mentioned are to turn off the wifi, the location services, etc-but then there is so much you cannot use your iPhone for like maps, without turning everything back on. The iPhone is not completely compatible with the Sync so it skips and you cannot use all of the steering wheel controls either, just volume. Life is better with the iPhone/iPod plugged into the usb. I originally used my iPhone as an iPod in the car and I started having trouble with the phone functions acting up, so I got a little Nano just for the car.

Why even go the route of getting an iPod? I guess if all your songs are in that format... but just convert them to MP3 and drop them on a USB stick. A 4 gig USB ought to cost what $30 or something cheap. Drop a lot of your music on there and go to town.

• 3 months later...

I was having same problem. I just purchased my Edge in March so I was learning how to use the system though I must admit I don't read the instructions. Is the problem when you are connected to USB? If so, while the system is in USB mode, check your phone. It should say Sync or something on the screen and at the bottom, there are icons. Touch them and it gives you the option to use the bluetooth or the usb interface. I choose usb and the sound reappears. Hope this helps.

Why even go the route of getting an iPod? I guess if all your songs are in that format... but just convert them to MP3 and drop them on a USB stick. A 4 gig USB ought to cost what $30 or something cheap. Drop a lot of your music on there and go to town.

That's doable as long as you dont plan on using a ipod for other occasions.

Personally I use mine in the gym all the time so a flash drive just wont cut it for me.

That's doable as long as you dont plan on using a ipod for other occasions.

Personally I use mine in the gym all the time so a flash drive just wont cut it for me.

Leave the flash drive in the car and keep the ipod in your pocket. Both problems solved.