Nav System No Reverse Camera Option

Bobengineer

I just purchased a 2010 Edge Limited with 302A package, Navigation / Sunroof, SYNC. I am somewhat disappointed that NAV system doesn’t have option or input for reverse camera and GPS programming (other than voice command input) is disable unless in Park! This limits the use of the Nav and no backup camera even with rear sensors is a safety issue when vehicle is used around children!

Are their any hacks or methods to allow GPS to be operated normally by passenger?

Is their an good wireless licence plate camera aftermarket device that will work on Nav screen?

Searching the forum will answers most of your questions.

Here are two threads that might help.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/4605-mod-backup-camera-on-factory-hd-nav-system/page__p__36413__hl__camera__fromsearch__1&&do=findComment&comment=36413

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/2768-backup-camera-install-into-factory-nav-unit/page__hl__backup%20camera

Personally I think the back up camera is a luxury and not needed.

People have been driving cars for 100 yrs before the backup cam came to existance.

I hope its not taking the place of turning ones head to look for objects.

Edited by MOFSTEEL

People have been driving cars for 100 yrs befor the backup cam came to existance.

and seat belts, airbags, ABS, AWD, doors & roofs, navi and much much more :)

but, a reverse cam is a pretty handy tool... just like the reverse sensor, SYNC, and all the other cool gadgets.

With tighter parking spots, more traffic on the roads, more kids and pets running around, I find it super valuable and worth the cost and effort to install