Traction Control Light

cjbikes

Greetings to all...

My Ford Edge 08's Traction Control Light turns on after about an hour of driving and cannot be turned off, unless the car is turned off and on again.

I've taken it to the dealer twice already and they tell me that they cannot find anything wrong with it, to bring it in with the light on so they can check it out, however some

of us do have to work for a living, and it's very difficult in the middle of going to work, to simply turn off the highway and head back to a dealership.

Has anyone experienced this malfunction???

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all for checking this out.

CJ

Greetings to all...

My Ford Edge 08's Traction Control Light turns on after about an hour of driving and cannot be turned off, unless the car is turned off and on again.

I've taken it to the dealer twice already and they tell me that they cannot find anything wrong with it, to bring it in with the light on so they can check it out, however some

of us do have to work for a living, and it's very difficult in the middle of going to work, to simply turn off the highway and head back to a dealership.

CJ

Seems like stuff like that is always a sensor or something similar and should be picked up by diagnostics one would think. You might try a different dealer? Maybe try to make it happen on a Saturday or whatever day you have off and drop it off and tell them to have at it. I have an 08 also and it seems like this model year has a lot of squirrely things going on.

Greetings to all...

CJ

Flaky wheel speed/ABS sensor. Common problem. Unfortunately they do need to see it while it's acting up to diagnose which sensor is failing.

Mine is doing the same. But only when I turn left. I loose power and traction control lights up. I know forsure that its a wheelspeed sensor that is bad. I have tried 3 times to get into the dealer to have it fixed but everytime they are to busy. (Reynolds Ford in East Moline, IL). I almost rear ended someone do to the abs acting up also. Its great!

• 4 months later...

Mine is doing the same. But only when I turn left. I loose power and traction control lights up. I know forsure that its a wheelspeed sensor that is bad. I have tried 3 times to get into the dealer to have it fixed but everytime they are to busy. (Reynolds Ford in East Moline, IL). I almost rear ended someone do to the abs acting up also. Its great!

Same exact thing for me. Left turns only. Car will lose power, light comes on...feels like you just stomped on the brake. I even hear a whining or buzzing noise while this is happening. I was advised a while back from my local Ford garage that it was a Steering Angle (or Angular) Sensor. They said it would cost me about $350 because it wasn't covered under the Powertrain Warranty. I didn't have that kind of money though :(

Edited by resq330

• 3 months later...