2010 Edge to replace my trusty Windstar

essjay

After 8 years and 110K miles, we finally traded in our '02 Windstar on a 2010 dark blue Edge Ltd. I was committed to fixing and driving the WS a while longer since we have kids in college who need stuff moved twice a year and I was concerned about losing the cargo space. But my DH was really fed up with cosmetic damage and couldn't stomach putting any more repair bux into the WS when that money could be put toward a newer ride. Not that the WS was running poorly. I had made a great effort to keep up with scheduled maintenance, and there were no big performance issues with the WS. It came down to a marital issue in the end.

Sounds crazy not to want a new car sooner, but that was me. Now, I'm really loving the new Edge. We wanted a lot of options, so just decided to go with the Limited instead of building up from an SE. We've had some beautiful weather in the month that we've had the Edge, and I'm so glad we went with the Vista roof :-D The ride is comfortable without being squishy. I like to feel the road. Sync is fantastic and I've had no problems using my iPhone with the system. I'm also having fun with TDI, but it's got a ways to go. Sometimes it just can't find me when I test it's "directions" functionality. It's fun to get my Red Wings updates with the "favorites" function. This Edge has a much better sound system than the old WS, and insulation is better so less road noise (another of my DH's peeves with the WS.)

We'll just have to wait to see if we have enough room in the Edge to do the moving we need to do. I briefly considered a Flex, but the esthetic just isn't there for me. We got the cargo package, so we use the hitch in various ways, plus DH drives a F150, so I could make him do the college moves.

I'm looking forward to driving this car for a long time!