Speedo meter illumination

jbouwer

I find it very, very hard to read the miles in my metric speedo meter bezel. The numbers are applied to an angled bezel and the coloring is in red. During day light all the numbers from 6 o'clock to 12 o'clock are unreadable. When driving in the US I have to convert kilometers to miles otherwise I cannot read my speed.

After dusk when the dashboard lights are on, it hardly makes any difference as the dashboard lights are very dim. Complaint to the dealer, they look at me and wonder if I am nuts. Wonder if there is a fix for this problem. No not the nutty part....

Check that the little roller to the right of the headlight selector switch is rolled to the appropriate brightness level for headlights-on operation. Using your headlights in the daytime, unless you have Daytime Running Lights, will change the lighting level inside the cabin.

For the metric vs standard, on the center stack unit you should have 3 buttons side-by-side: Info, Setup, and Reset. If you press the setup, you should be able to change your odometer readings and MPG ratings from metric to standard. If that's not what you're talking about, I guess I don't know what you mean :headscratch:

I find it very, very hard to read the miles in my metric speedo meter bezel. The numbers are applied to an angled bezel and the coloring is in red. During day light all the numbers from 6 o'clock to 12 o'clock are unreadable. When driving in the US I have to convert kilometers to miles otherwise I cannot read my speed.

After dusk when the dashboard lights are on, it hardly makes any difference as the dashboard lights are very dim. Complaint to the dealer, they look at me and wonder if I am nuts. Wonder if there is a fix for this problem. No not the nutty part....

Hi jbouwer. :D Unfortunately, there is probably not a "fix".

You had the Dealer check to be sure the speedometer illumination was working correctly (I assume it was). And it is safe to assume that you already have the dial turned up to full illumination. Other than those two things, there is not much that can be done.

If you want another opinion, you can always try another Dealers Service Department.

Good luck. :beerchug:

In the US speed limits are posted in miles, not km so no translation is really necessary.

There have been other posts here about the lack of illumination of the gages. I agree they are not as brightly lit as other vehicles I have had but I have no problem seeing it. Black numbers on silver is a good contrast to me.