Will 18 inch rims fit

redriverangler

Looking to buy 4 18 inch chrome cad wheels for my 2010 sel edge. Will a set from a 2008 fit or do I need to orry about the disks and the calipers?

I was thinking of using the stock 18 inch brushed alunimum as my winter rims

Any imput would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jimmy :shift:

Hi There, You may want to look into the latest wheel covers called Wheel Skins if you have the painted alum type wheels. They are an exact copy of your wheel and super shinny chrome.They are plastic. I know you think it's cheap look and so did I ,but at a set of 4 for 60.00 bucks including shipping I wanted to see what they looked like. They are so real and cool looking, I could not stop going outside to look at them. I told my brother I had bought a new set of wheels. He did not realize they were wheel covers. Plus, they protect the original painted wheels in case of resale later down the road. The time came to rotate my tires and there was no reason to remove the covers. The impact socket had plenty of room to fit onto the lug nuts. My edge is a 2010 but the earlier models are the same (2007-2010). I was worried about the automatic car wash soap harming the shine but they still look great.

I showed them to my local Ford dealer. They loved them and will be stocking them for their new edges. They do not come with the OEM chrome wheels.Now they are sold at several internet sites and I am only speaking for the seller name Hubcaps Plus on Ebay motors. I am not sure where they are made but China is making copy products because they a have many factories producing the exact item, but using cheaper materials so be careful!

Anytime you are adding bigger and heavier wheels , they will hurt many things like gas mileage ,acceleration and stopping and ,to me the most important reason ,is RIDING COMFORT!!!! I did not lose any of what I listed. .Ok I will shut up . Hope this helps some of us. Happydog

100_0890.jpg?t=1272930609

Edited by happydog