Brake Controller

Has anyone thought of mounting a brake controller in the empty hole below the A/C and heater controls. Also beside the front 12VDC power outlet. I pulled that section out of the dash quite easily and was able to drill a hole and pass the wires through the back. I mounted the unit to the top and it barely sticks out from the dash. Just enough to make it fully functional. The best part if I pull it out the holes can only be seen if you're really looking. And best of all, the wife isn't upset that it's there either.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone thought of mounting a brake controller in the empty hole below the A/C and heater controls. Also beside the front 12VDC power outlet. I pulled that section out of the dash quite easily and was able to drill a hole and pass the wires through the back. I mounted the unit to the top and it barely sticks out from the dash. Just enough to make it fully functional. The best part if I pull it out the holes can only be seen if you're really looking. And best of all, the wife isn't upset that it's there either.

I'm going to be mounting one soon myself; where did you route the 3 wires from your brake controller through to get to your battery, and did you route the blue (and additional 12 volt from battery?) underneath the frame then back to your tow harness connector, or did you go under the trim plates to hide it? I also have to tack my reverse wire to the harness as well; I believe the 2 wires are green/yellow, green/black going to the actual light. Which one do I tack onto for the harness??

thanks all for your help

I'm going to be mounting one soon myself; where did you route the 3 wires from your brake controller through to get to your battery, and did you route the blue (and additional 12 volt from battery?) underneath the frame then back to your tow harness connector, or did you go under the trim plates to hide it? I also have to tack my reverse wire to the harness as well; I believe the 2 wires are green/yellow, green/black going to the actual light. Which one do I tack onto for the harness??

thanks all for your help

Could you not tap into the fuse for the reverse lights ? It could save a pile of wire ( and hiding it ). I haven't looked into whether something else shares the fuse or not though ...