20" Lincoln alternatives for MKX

Malek Racho

Hi all,

Got my MKX a few weeks ago, and my front right 20" chrome crap (clad) wheel has already chipped from slightly hitting the curb.

I'm looking for a definite OEM replacement and I don't want to do anything with clad wheels anymore.

Anyone knows if those sick shiny alloy 20" MKT/Flex wheels fit on the MKX? How about that 19' inch on the MKS??

Please see attached photos!

Thanks in advance for any tips.

post-8568-049325300 1280003640_thumb.jpg

post-8568-032018800 1280003658_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

Got my MKX a few weeks ago, and my front right 20" chrome crap (clad) wheel has already chipped from slightly hitting the curb.

I'm looking for a definite OEM replacement and I don't want to do anything with clad wheels anymore.

Anyone knows if those sick shiny alloy 20" MKT/Flex wheels fit on the MKX? How about that 19' inch on the MKS??

Please see attached photos!

Thanks in advance for any tips.

post-8568-049325300 1280003640_thumb.jpg

post-8568-032018800 1280003658_thumb.jpg

The bore size is different so you would have to get yourself some hubcentric rings or have the bore milled out. Depending on which you choose to go with.

As far as chrome clad vs aluminun or polished aluminum if you scrape a curb your going to do damage to any type of wheel.

Edited by MOFSTEEL

The bore size is different so you would have to get yourself some hubcentric rings or have the bore milled out. Depending on which you choose to go with.

As far as chrome clad vs aluminun or polished aluminum if you scrape a curb your going to do damage to any type of wheel.

Thanks for the reply... where can I find the vitals on those rings and wheel diameters? Its very hard to find online :(

As for Aluminium wheels, I have them on my 8 years old Taurus and I have hit it plenty of times on the curb and what not (with snow covering the curb its not always easy to see your way) and the wheels are still in great shape.

Plastic breaks and can't be repaired, aluminium alloy on the other hand can have a wedge but still look good from a couple of feet away.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply... where can I find the vitals on those rings and wheel diameters? Its very hard to find online :(

Hubcentric adapters are typically made for aftermarket wheels. A good wheel/tire place will have an assortment of them and should be able to hook you up with a set. As far as finding what the inner bore is you will need to research a possible ford flex forum. It is easy as measuring the diameter of the center bore of the wheel. If it is smaller than your vehicle it can simply be milled/grinded to the correct size. I have never done it, but have seen many an import owner do this to get wheels to fit and they have never had a wheel fly off.

Hubcentric adapters are typically made for aftermarket wheels. A good wheel/tire place will have an assortment of them and should be able to hook you up with a set. As far as finding what the inner bore is you will need to research a possible ford flex forum. It is easy as measuring the diameter of the center bore of the wheel. If it is smaller than your vehicle it can simply be milled/grinded to the correct size.

Thanks for repeating what I already posted. :doh:

• 3 weeks later...

Found info for MKX '08 in case anyone else is looking for them:

Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3

Center Bore: 67.1

Hardware:12x1.50 Lug

Offset: 34-45mm

and MKT '10

Hardware: Lug

2010 Ford

Flex

Hardware:12x1.50 Lug

They appear to be the exact same... intresting.