Nice trip

rips241

I'm new to the edge forums. I'm so pleased with this car I felt like telling someone. Its an 08 Edge limited. Only 5400 miles to start. Got almost everything in it. No Nav and its not AWD. Other than that it's pretty well loaded. Its my wifes car and I only drive it once in a while. We just returned from a trip to Canada. One of those stupid "no reservation" trips. Niagara Falls was the only scheduled locaiton. After that, it was play it by ear. Long story short is that it turned into a highway marathon trip. 1400 quick miles. Steady driving. The one highlight of the trip was this car. The Sync was great, the ride, the seats, handling, the power - I have no complaints. This car loves 80mph. Too much, got a ticket in NY. In traffic when I needed to get into it, it took off. Plenty of power. Ok just my opinion. Thanks

Hi rips241. Welcome! I couldn't agree more. Your experience with your Edge is the same as mine.

We have a 2008 Edge that was bought new in December 2007 that has been driven over 55,000 miles... We drove it from Texas to California and back last summer - 4,500 miles. This summer we drove it from Texas to Washington D.C. and back - 3,500 miles. The Edge has been great on the road.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear you didn't get nailed for speeding up here in Canada! I just returned home to Ontario from Boston on the NY State Thruway and cruised my Edge at 80 all the way - no tickets but about 20 bucks in tolls. I love pulling way from the toll booths with the Edge - all the way up to 80 then cruise control :)