Missing Battery Volt Meter?

CavalierErrant

Perhaps the answer is buried in the owners manual, but from poking around the new Ford Edge 2011 Limited "My Touch" dashboard, I can't seem to find a gage which measures the battery strength in volts. The high-tech (almost spaceship like) dashboard of the new Edge seems to display everything else but the kitchen sink, but I can't find any reference to how the battery is doing. I plan to keep my radar detector plugged in to the 12v power accessory plug, and would like to measure whether this device is a material drain on the battery overnight. I suspect not, but can't seem to find any way to measure battery strength in volts.

Anyone find this display setting or meter?

Cav

• 10 months later...

Perhaps the answer is buried in the owners manual, but from poking around the new Ford Edge 2011 Limited "My Touch" dashboard, I can't seem to find a gage which measures the battery strength in volts. The high-tech (almost spaceship like) dashboard of the new Edge seems to display everything else but the kitchen sink, but I can't find any reference to how the battery is doing. I plan to keep my radar detector plugged in to the 12v power accessory plug, and would like to measure whether this device is a material drain on the battery overnight. I suspect not, but can't seem to find any way to measure battery strength in volts.

Anyone find this display setting or meter?

Cav

Unfortunately there's no voltage gauge available.

What type of radar detector do you have? Depending on the model, the better solution might be to hardwire it into one of the fuses that supply power only when the engine is running (that's what I did with mine) or it may have an timeout that shuts it down after a set period of time.