Being built this week!

tonyabionda

I'm so excited.

I talked to the dealer today and my 2011 Edge Limited with the 302a package + tow in Ingot Silver/Charcoal Black is being built this week. Then around another three weeks until delivery. Looks like somewhere around Nov 15th-ish. I'm a gadget girl and MyFord Touch was a big draw.

I've been lurking here since I placed my order, and I'll probably remain mostly a lurker, but I had to thank everyone here for sharing their knowledge. I've learned a lot and will continue to do so. Being a California girl my whole life I had no idea how many adjustments people make for cold weather. Some winter days it freezes where I live, but that wears off by mid-morning and we don't have to go through any major changes from winter to summer. Now I also know many other things such as how to properly wash a car (two buckets) and which fuse (29) I may be pulling in my future. wink.gif

Anyway...

Thanks again. You help more than just the frequent posters here.

-Tonya

Edited by tonyabionda

My 2011 Edge Limited was also built on Oct. 19. The order was placed first week of September. You lucked out on getting into this cue. Mine should get delivered sooner, since I'm only 45 minutes away from the Manufacturing Plant.

I'm not even going to pretend to understand how dealer allocation and ordering works. I was surprised that the day I placed my order all of the '11 Edges they had were going out as dealer trades. One of their sales people had ordered one and she let them sell it to someone else who was desperate to buy it. She had to order again.

Sync was installed on Oct. 19 according to syncmyride. It's got a loooooooong train ride to Los Angeles. Unloading, loading on the truck and then the couple hour drive to Bakersfield is supposed to take two days. I'm going to the beach Nov 11-14 for Veteran's day weekend and it'll KILL me if it's available early and I'm not here to pick it up. It's way too much to hope for it to get here before I leave. :(

Let me know when you get yours. Hopefully we got a great week. :)

I'm not even going to pretend to understand how dealer allocation and ordering works. I was surprised that the day I placed my order all of the '11 Edges they had were going out as dealer trades. One of their sales people had ordered one and she let them sell it to someone else who was desperate to buy it. She had to order again.

Sync was installed on Oct. 19 according to syncmyride. It's got a loooooooong train ride to Los Angeles. Unloading, loading on the truck and then the couple hour drive to Bakersfield is supposed to take two days. I'm going to the beach Nov 11-14 for Veteran's day weekend and it'll KILL me if it's available early and I'm not here to pick it up. It's way too much to hope for it to get here before I leave. :(

Let me know when you get yours. Hopefully we got a great week. :)

I hope the timing works out for you.