After Market DVD

steveo9

Hello,,new here and I have a question. I have bought a DVD player and want to install in our 08 Edge. I looked at the wiring for it and all it needs is a 4 wire hook up ( not counting the audio/video in & outs-- will not use these). It has a 12+ constant,,12+acc,,ground,,& blue wire for the dome light. Where would be the best place and what to tap into to use,,,can I tie the two hot wires together also,,,thanks

• 2 weeks later...

just because people dont respond in a day you dont need to bump your own threads.

we need more info about your product? is this an over head dvd with screen or what?

me personally i would wire it directly to the ignition harness for the 12+ and accy. and put a fuse inline on each. Domelight you can tap into the light, however you need to know if your input to the dvd needs to be + or -, also then you need to figure out if the domelight is + or -.

just because people dont respond in a day you dont need to bump your own threads.

we need more info about your product? is this an over head dvd with screen or what?

me personally i would wire it directly to the ignition harness for the 12+ and accy. and put a fuse inline on each. Domelight you can tap into the light, however you need to know if your input to the dvd needs to be + or -, also then you need to figure out if the domelight is + or -.

Hey,,Didn't mean to make no one mad,,,,I see they're not that many people on here. The dvd player is a cheap no name brand , Roof Model that I got off ebay...I 'm in the install process now ,,,,,I thought someone might have already did this to there Edge,,any help on finding wires and color would be really helpful..thanks

Edited by steveo9