Employee Call Backs????

I am disappointed that nowhere in this forum have I found any mention of the 400 brothers and sisters who are currnetly laidoff. Also, the company promised the 3rd shirt as soon as we stopped producing the Freestar. That has been gone for a while now and they still havent tried to get 3 shifts going in all areas. I have heard that the company brought back 50 people last week to help with the shortage in Trim, and they may bring another 50 back next week. Does anyone know anything about this?

Any info would be greatly welcomed.

Thank you

Hi... I have family who work there.. and yes. there have been call backs - as many as 50-90 - the third shift may be delayed.... as they do not want to overstock the Edge. That may change after shutdown.

Thats all I know. then again.. it changes all the time. Hope you get called back soon..

Take care

Thanks,

I hope we all get called back soon

50 were brought back this week. Most of which were brought back to deal with the explosion of people on restrictions and high absenteeism that goes hand in hand with good weather and 10 hr shifts. It's likely more will be called back in the future to deal with the all the booked vacations for the 3rd week of July which as you may or may not have heard was dropped as a vacation week (we're now on 2 week shutdowns instead of 3 from here on in)

A 3rd shift is NOT happening anytime soon. It's remotely possible that the 3rd shift could start this year but if it does it will not happen until we start building the Flex which we aren't slated to start building production prototypes until late in the year with Job 1 slated for April 2008. A 3rd shift will never happen as long as we're building just the Edge and MKX.....the sales numbers simply aren't anywhere near where they need to be for that to happen. As a matter of fact we're slated to go back to 8hrs shortly after shutdown unless sales go through the roof in the near future and if fuel prices stay as they are that is gonna hurt sales so I doubt we're gonna see a sales boom. The only reason we're working 10hrs at all is thanks to the slow launch which put us well behind with orders.

Everything hinges on sales at this point as to how things go and right now Ford sales are down across the board for all models. If we're still selling 12,000 Edge/MKX during the peak months of summer that will have an impact on a 3rd shift because quite frankly if sales stay that slow, we could build the Edge/MKX combined with the Flex working 10hrs with no problem whatsoever and the company will gladly run 10's before going 3 shifts as it's cheaper for them to run the plant that way.

Edited by WTF????

The only reason we're working 10hrs at all is thanks to the slow launch which put us well behind with orders.

Exactly, but I thought everyone knew that. And yes there are rumours we may go back to 8 hours starting next week. Also rumours body and stock depts wil be going back to 2 shift operation. Rumours, but many like to know anyway.

Exactly, but I thought everyone knew that. And yes there are rumours we may go back to 8 hours starting next week. Also rumours body and stock depts wil be going back to 2 shift operation. Rumours, but many like to know anyway.

Haven't hear anything about going back to 8hrs after next week....all I've been told was it will likely happen after shutdown.....that's coming from Zoran and Shackleton