2009 Edge Rear Bumper

scomackey

I am replacing the rear lower Bumper cover that my neighbor damaged while backing out of his garage.

I have the new part and in trying to remove the old I so far have found that the upper portion needs to come off too, as they cleverly riveted the two together.

I have all the fastners I can see removed but don't see it coming loose yet. Any help or a picture maybe that shows more than the parts book picture?

Thanks to anyone.

Scott

I am replacing the rear lower Bumper cover that my neighbor damaged while backing out of his garage.

I have the new part and in trying to remove the old I so far have found that the upper portion needs to come off too, as they cleverly riveted the two together.

I have all the fastners I can see removed but don't see it coming loose yet. Any help or a picture maybe that shows more than the parts book picture?

Thanks to anyone.

Scott

I Got it!

I had to wrangle the two blind fastners (pop rivet) at the fwd point of bumper right behind the wheel well by cutting them off at the bottom end and then the rest was easy. i will replace them with SS bolt /nut.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Haha, good to know I'm not the only one who did the same thing -- tapped a car behind me (even with rear camera and sensors) and now there's an imprint of the other car's license plate bolt in my lower rear bumper.

Looks like the bumper can be found on-line for around $100. I may have to do this in the future.