It crashed...After a great honeymoon!

Ok...here we go.

Super happy owner - Sport 2011-

I am 5 weeks into this with 2200 miles and never had any problems ..like in zero.

Yesteday afternoon, i was cruising along on the highway and tried to make a call ..like the 100's i did so far with this. The call was not going throught and i noticed that the right screen was flickering,where you see the name and phone# of your call. It looked like it was trying very very hard to do something. So..i waited..about 10 minutes and let it do his thing..but the thing was in a loop of somekind and i had to make this call.

I cut the call with the steering button, go to the main screen and shutoff BT. I take my iphone 4.2 and try to dial my contact ...dead the iphone. Tried a few times..and a few contacts. Nope..dead.

So at this point, i'm kinda happy...i figure thats why MFT was trying so hard..no cell network. ....not.

I shut down the iphone, start up everything again...and try the call. Same issue with MFT, flickering data on the right screen.

So, i cut the call and punch the call right into the handheld phone. The call goes trought...but everything is now on the car's screen..everything but the call audio. So it's like everything was now working..but had to use it handheld. The phone speaker also would not engage..? On the ear only call.

Then..a half hour later..on the same drive..all hell breaks loose. There is a message on screen that the SD card is not compatible and it cannot recognize it!! Open armrest..eject card...insert card ..all is back to normal with navi.

About 10 minutes later..all the info on the screen is there.

Iphone, navigation, usb ipod, climate

Now, i was looking at it an this is what happened. All in sequence..

Iphone - disconnected- no phone

Navi- no navi, no card

Usb - no device

At this point...i am happy. The missing one is an important one..climate.. So i figure...i have heat at least.

Boom...climate off and screen shutdown.

I did not do ANYTHING different than what i do everyday

I did not UPDATE anything (phone, ipod, sync,mft..)

I have not UNPLUGGED anything since day one (ipod,sd nav card..or unpaired my phone)

The only thing that was done to the car was a TPMS sensor programming for my new winter Hakkas .. Not by Ford, by the tire man.

So, this is the story people

I am in love with this car, i will try to have it updated...just like everyone. And i am going to love it even more if it's a little faster and stable. That's all i ask from it...to be constant with the features in now has..no more, no less. Phone,navi,music,climate, and voice commands.

I was one of the few ones here that had reported a 'perfect' version.

Not anymore..

Cheers!

Same boat here, 2011 Limited, about 6 weeks old. I've actually gotten used to Sync's crazyness. Every time I start the Edge, I hold my breath, waiting to see what new defects pop up. Having used Windows computers for years, I really did not expect much better from Sync.

LOL -- Just before driving my Edge of the lot I thought to myself....(I'm an I.T. guy) Do I really want to deal with Microsoft at work, home AND in the Edge.... looks like I have my answer! Day #6 at the dealer...part on back order, no ETA....

LOL -- Just before driving my Edge of the lot I thought to myself....(I'm an I.T. guy) Do I really want to deal with Microsoft at work, home AND in the Edge.... looks like I have my answer! Day #6 at the dealer...part on back order, no ETA....

Ouff ..sorry for that.

And what did the dealer tell you that back order part would be? A new complete unit?