2011 MKX Pulls to right

twomuchfun

I have a brand new 2011 MKX and it pulls to the right slightly but enough to be annoying.

I had the dealer check the alignment and its on fectory spec. I noticed it after putting on 18 inch steel rim snow tires. The 20 inch All Seasons seemed Ok. Dealer has rotated Snows and it still pulls. So what is wrong? Any help is appreciated.... By the way.. 2000Kilometers on it now.

Could factory specs be wrong? I also notice poor on centre feel.. Is there a difference between alignment specs for 20 inch vs 18 inch tires? Is more positive Castor needed?

John

Edited by twomuchfun

I have a brand new 2011 MKX and it pulls to the right slightly but enough to be annoying.

I had the dealer check the alignment and its on fectory spec. I noticed it after putting on 18 inch steel rim snow tires. The 20 inch All Seasons seemed Ok. Dealer has rotated Snows and it still pulls. So what is wrong? Any help is appreciated.... By the way.. 2000Kilometers on it now.

Could factory specs be wrong? I also notice poor on centre feel.. Is there a difference between alignment specs for 20 inch vs 18 inch tires? Is more positive Castor needed?

John

Hi John. :D Well, looking at the details provided, here is what we know:

1 - There was no pull with the factory 20" wheels/tires

2 - A set of 18" wheels/tires were installed and there is now a pull to the right.

That pretty much isolates the cause of the issue to the 18" wheels/snow tires, since the problems began as soon as the wheels/tires were changed.

Where did you purchase the new wheels/tires from? Was it from the Dealer that did the alignment? Essentially, you should return to the shop that sold you the 18" wheels/tires and have them address the issue. Could be a wheel problem (not true or improper run-out), could be a tire problem (multiple possibilities), or it could be both (although that is the least likely scenario).

But since the alignment was okay with the factory wheels, it is not the likely cause of your current problem.

Keep us updated.

Good luck. :beerchug: